Contribute knowledge and information to Fossiel.net!
How can I help?
Most Popular Fossil Locations
Gorges du Verdon, France
Photo 1 of 13
Added by: webmaster on 05-04-2012
Do you have (more) photographs of this location? Please send your photographs using the Fossil Location Photo form!
The following coastal sites can be visited:
- Berwick-Upon-Tweed Between the loose rocks on the beach you can find fossil corals.
- Scremerston Many rounded pieces of coral and pieces of crinoids.
- Holy Island At the southeast prt of the island you can find beutiful pieces of coral. Be carefull! The island can only be accessed by road at low tide. Watch the signs.
- Beadnell Between the loose rocks on the beach you can find fossil corals.
- Embleton Chances for fossil plants in the sandstones (not many).
- Howick Chances for fossil plants.
- Boulmer Fossil corals.
Crinoiden stems, brachiopods and plant remains (i.e. Stigmaria). Rounded pieces of coral are very common at most sites. These are best visible when wet. The light coral branches contrast to the dark rock. At some places trace fossils are found in the sandstone blocks.
Literature recommended by members
No literature was added for this location.
Do you have (more) literature suggestions for this location? Please send your suggestion using the Literature form!
Other locations in the area
No locations were found in the region. Do you know a new location? Please report Here.
Everybody using the fossil collecting location descriptions from this site has to respect the Collecting Code!
Search the Forum to find recent messages about this location.
Do you have additional info or corrections? REPORT