Contribute knowledge and information to Fossiel.net!
How can I help?
Most Popular Fossil Locations
Gorges du Verdon, France
Petrified wood Germany
Agua de Madeiros
Do you have (more) photographs of this location? Please send your photographs using the Fossil Location Photo form!
Agua de Madeiros is located at the coast in middle Portugal. Here are some collecting sites:
- South of Sao Pedro de Muel shales from the Pliensbachien (part of the Jurassic period) are exposed.
- Further in the direction of Agua de Madeiros layers from the Toarcien (part of the Jurassic period) are exposed.
- South of Agua de Madeiros shales of the Pliensbachien are exposed with many ammonites.
- At Pedra do Ouros layers from the Carixien (part of the Jurassic period) are exposed.
- In Pitanheira compact limestone and soft marls are exposed. Here you can find many bivalves and brachiopods.
Literature recommended by members
No literature was added for this location.
Do you have (more) literature suggestions for this location? Please send your suggestion using the Literature form!
Other locations in the area
Fossil location: Baleal
Fossil location: Cabo Mondego
Fossil location: Montemor o Velho
Fossil location: Peniche
Fossil location: Sao Martinho do Porto
Museum: Museu da Comunidade Concelhia da Batalha
Museum: Museu da Lourinha
Everybody using the fossil collecting location descriptions from this site has to respect the Collecting Code!
Search the Forum to find recent messages about this location.
Do you have additional info or corrections? REPORT