Contribute knowledge and information to Fossiel.net!
How can I help?
Most Popular Articles
Reindier antler F3737
Arthropods also referred to as invertebrates are a member of the phylum Arthropoda within the kingdom of Animalia, they have a segmented body, jointed appendages and a exoskeleton made up from chitin. Most known (described) animal species on Earth belong to the phylum of Arthropoda.
Some examples of Arthropoda are:
- Arachnida (spiders and scorpions)
- Hexapoda (insects and springtails)
- Trilobita (trilobites)
- Merostomata (sea scorpions and horseshoe crabs)
- Myriapoda (centipedes and millipedes)
- Ostracoda (ostracods)
- Crustacea (crabs, lobster and barnacles)
Protocallianassa faujasi, an arthropod from the upper-cretaceous of the Limburg region.
Do you have additional information for this article? Please contact the Fossiel.net Team.