HOME Community Fossiel.net
Facebook Fossiel.net In English In het Nederlands

Announcements

Contribute knowledge and information to Fossiel.net!
How can I help?

Forum Sticky

Informative Posts

>> All informative posts

Newest Fossil from Fossil ID system

Geo Agenda

>> More Agenda items

Georockhop

Fossil Identification

Found of a big bone in Cadzand-Bad at the Zwarte-Polder

Dieter63   18-01-2012 at 21:04

Dieter63

Hello,

I was between Christmas and the beginning of the New Year in the Netherlands, to get some shark tooth. I was often in the Netherlands before to find some shark tooth, but also to find some fossils. Now I’ve found a very big bone. It is in good condition, but I can not figure out of which animal this bone is. Does anybody know a bone like this? Or can anybody help me to figure it out? I’ve found this bone near to a very small river at the Zwarte-Polder. Thanks for your help, and sorry for my bad English

Dieter63

johanp   19-01-2012 at 12:44

johanp

Hello Dieter,
Your bone is a radius from a horse.(i think)
Nice specimen! It can be pleistoceen or just a few years old. It's important to put it in fresh water for a few weeks to get the sold out. If it is pleistoceen, it will fall apart in a thousend pieces after drying when sold is still inside.

Johan

fhahjee1   28-02-2015 at 10:31

fhahjee1

Now I’ve found a very big bone. It is in good condition, but I can not figure out of which animal this bone is. Does anybody know a bone like this? Or can anybody help me to figure it out? I’ve found this bone near to a very small river at the Zwarte-Polder. Thanks for your help,

thelegend   21-11-2016 at 13:04

thelegend

try this link.
LINK